Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall Wreath and Fall Mantel Decorations


I made a wreath and decorated my mantel for Fall this past weekend. I am so excited that I get to cross off two more things from my Fall Bucket list. I love decorating for the holidays! I started by making a big, fluffy wreath from mesh ribbon and a metal wreath frame. I chose a seasonal ribbon with maroon, orange, gold, and yellow colors. Then I weaved in a brown colored mesh ribbon on top of it. This was my first attempt at making one of these mesh wreaths and I was surprised at how easily and quickly I made the wreath. I purchased some pumpkin and Autumn themed picks and stuck them through the ribbon.  I was so pleased with the results that I decided to make an additional one for my mom’s birthday yesterday.




We got “booed” by our neighbors this week and they had placed a wooden Halloween sign in our bucket of goodies.  I added it to my new project and our Fall wreath became a Halloween wreath. When Halloween is over I can just remove the sign from the wreath hanger.



For my mantel, I added a garland of Fall leaves, pumpkin and seasonal picks, a couple of scarecrows, and my four ceramic pumpkins. I also put a bunch of leaves and some picks in a brown and black wooden box. I still would like to add some more height and maybe a sign or other centerpiece for the background.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!