Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Best Christmas Books for Kids



The Christmas season has arrived...and, so have the Christmas books in our home. I will start off by telling you that my family has a bit of an obsession with books. Bring out seasonal ones like our huge collection of Christmas books and the level of excitement doubles! That's exactly what happened this past weekend when I pulled out my collection of our favorite Christmas books. My children started jumping up and down with excitement. I know a lot of other parents are trying to choose good Christmas books for their kids right now, too.

 

There are a lot of Christmas books out there that you don't want to miss!

 Here are 25 of our Christmas favorites!

 
  1. Elf on the Shelf  (Author unknown)
  2. The Gingerbread Man  by Karen Schmidt
  3. Gingerbread Baby  by Jan Brett
  4. I've Seen Santa by  David Bedford
  5. A Special Place for Santa  by Jeanne Pieper
  6. Too Many Tamales  by Gary Soto
  7. The Night Before Christmas  by Clement C. Moore
  8. The Jolly Christmas Postman  by Janet & Allan Ahlberg
  9. The Polar Express  by Chris Van Allsburg
  10. Clopper- The Christmas Donkey  by Emily King
  11. If You Take a Mouse to the Movies  by Laura Numeroff
  12. Bear Stays Up for Christmas  by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
  13. Merry Christmas, Curious George  by Margret and H.A. Rey
  14. The Legend of the Poinsettia  by Tomie dePaola
  15. The Wild Christmas Reindeer  by Jan Brett
  16. Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad  by Mercer Mayer
  17. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
  18. It's Christmas, David  by David Shannon
  19. Clifford's Christmas  by Norman Bridwell
  20. Pinkalicious Merry Pinkmas!  by Victoria Kann
  21. Fancy Nancy- Splendiferous Christmas  by Jane O'Connor
  22. How Do Dinosaurs say Merry Christmas?  by Jane Yolen
  23. Peanut's A Charlie Brown Christmas  by Charles M. Schulz
  24. The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear  by Stan & Jan Berenstain
  25. Froggy's Best Christmas  by Jonathon London
 
These are just a few of our favorites, but I hope this booklist will help you on your trips to the library or bookstore! I know that reading good Christmas books in December makes for a great snuggle time with my family. What are your kid's favorite books to read during the Christmas season? What are some Christmas classics that you pull out every year?

 

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Family Friday link up. I just love children's books. Did not know there was a "How do Dinosaurs..." for Christmas! Such a good list of books, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed the list! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the jolly christmas postman!!it was my fav christmas book as a kid and I brought it a few years ago for my own kids

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? We love all the different letters that are tucked inside, too!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!