Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Snack Mix


I am a huge fan of trail mix and other snack mixes. They are simple to throw together and you can modify your snack mixes to fit your cravings or whatever you have in your pantry. I like to make snack mixes when I am planning out snacks for the kids, too. I can toss them into a baggie or container and take them anywhere. They also make fun and tasty gifts.

My children have two wonderful teachers this year so I wanted to make a Fall Snack Mix this week to show my appreciation for them. I ended up making individual baggies to give as treats for their classmates as well.

Here is what I put in this Fall Snack Mix:

  • Autumn candy mix (candy corn, candy pumpkins, etc.)-1 bag
  • Quaker square cereal
  • Stick Pretzels
  • M&M’s (Autumn mix)
  • Cracker Jacks (3 boxes of caramel popcorn and peanuts mix)
  • Cheerios (for the kids' bags)







I purchased some mason jars (any airtight container is fine) so the snack mix could stay fresh. I used a hot glue gun to add some ribbon and bow around the lid. I then traced a circle out of cardstock and glued it to the top. I personalized each jar with the teacher's name spelled out in cute stickers. Here is a tasty treat and cute gift to share!




9 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I'm sure the kids and teachers LOVED these!
    :) Michelle
    www.daydreambelieversdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle..I know my kiddos loved the idea and the treats!

      Delete
  2. looks nice, I would love it if you could share it on my link party Serenity Saturday

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Such a cute idea! Thanks for linking up in Family Fridays link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cute! Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that you have been featured in todays Family Friday Link-Up party! Come visit us and our co-host and link-up again! Don't forget to grab a Featured button to proudly display!!! http://livinthemomlife.com/family-friday-link-up-party-3/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!