When I was in Kindergarten my mom made some adorable Santa cups for my class. She filled them with goodies for all my classmates, and I have never forgotten them. Her craft inspired me to make these Santa Hat Treat cups that were similar to hers. Use them for classroom treats, party favors, cookie/candy gifts, or hang them on your neighbor's doorknob for a nice Christmas surprise!
- Red Felt
- White Felt
- Clear plastic cups (9 oz.)
- Hot glue/glue gun
- Sewing Scissors
- Yarn (White, red, or green)
- Tapestry Needle
- Candy or Treat of your choice
- Cut a 9" X 12" piece of red felt in half lengthwise. Use one half for this project and set the other half aside for another cup. Cut about a 24" strand of yarn. You can trim it at the end if you want a shorter string.
- Thread the yarn onto the tapestry needle. Hand-stitch a straight "running stitch" across the top of the red felt piece. Tie off the ends.
- Hot glue about 3/4" of the bottom of the felt all around the rim of the cup. The ends will overlap so finish with more hot glue there.
- Cut about a one-inch strip of white felt (lengthwise.) You can either do a straight cut or weave your scissors in and out to make a squiggly line. I like adding that textured line at the bottom of the hat.
- Glue the white strip around the entire rim of the cup. (The white will overlap the red a little bit.)
- Fill your cup with your favorite goodies. Cinch the top of the Santa hat closed by pulling the ends of the yarn. (Trim yarn, if desired.) Tie the ends together.