I was very excited to sign up for a Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap with Julie from White Lights on Wednesday. She and her co-hosts from I Love My Disorganized Life and Real Housemoms organized the swap so that cookie lovers everywhere can exchange cookie recipes online. Everyone that signed up for the swap was assigned a partner. I was partnered with a fellow blogger, Amy from Whipped. I sent her my recipe for Fudge Ecstasies and she sent me a favorite recipe for Egg Nog Cookies. I made them for the first time this week! They turned out great, and I will be making more of these this weekend for my Cookie Exchange party that I will be hosting on Sunday.
Here is the recipe for all to indulge in!
Egg Nog Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup SALTED butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the bottoms turn light brown.
- Remove and allow to cool before frosting.
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup UNSALTED butter, softened
1/3 cup eggnog
- Beat powdered sugar and butter until combined.
- Slowly mix in eggnog until desired consistency is reached.
- Ice the cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
Love to bake cookies for Christmas? Want to see more recipes?
Links open at 8 am Central.